Our cakes are individually priced and the price varies according to the size and flavours, the complexity of the design and the amount of sugar flowers or modelling. Please contact us for a quotation.
As a guide, here are our starting prices:
The following prices are intended as a guide to the basic start price for our wedding cakes. They are for our standard cakes which are 3.5″ in depth, deeper cakes will start at a higher rate. The final price will be a reflection of the design and amount of hours work involved.
2 tier cakes
- from £270 for 7 & 10” cakes (70 + portions)
- from £310 for 9 & 12” cakes (100+ portions)
3 tier cakes
- from £400 for 6, 8 & 10” cakes (100 +portions)
- from £450 for 8, 10 & 12” cakes (150+ portions)
4 tier cakes
- from £450 for 4, 6, 8 & 10” cakes (110+ portions)
- from £520 for 6, 8, 10 & 12” cakes (170+portions)
5 tiers & above from £550 These prices are based on sponge cakes flavours with one medium size fruit tier, they also include basic piping work and simple sugar flower decoration.
- Additional filigree or hand piped decoration – from £10- 50 a tier.
- Flowers sprays from £50
- Sugar modelling figures from £40
- Individual 2” cakes from £10.00
- Mini 3 tier with 2/4/6” cakes from £130
- Cup cakes from £3.50
It is always possible to make an appointment to come and view our portfolio and ‘play’ around with ideas in order to develop your perfect cake. You can also taste samples of our cakes at your consultation. Contact Kate to book an appointment.
Prices vary according to the detail of each cake.
As a guide, these are our starting prices, which include basic icing, decoration and any writing.
Sponge cakes – from £60 for an 8” cake (around 30 portions)
Fruit cakes– from £70 for an 8” cake (around 40 portions)
For more complex decoration and piping work additional costs are:
- Simple sugar flowers, cut out or basic roses from £20
- Sprays of sugar flowers from £30
- Sugar modelled figures are from £20 for seated figures & from £30 for standing figures.
We require a deposit for all cakes before the order can be confirmed.
This deposit is usually non refundable.
For Wedding cakes the final balance is payable one month prior to the wedding date.
For celebration cakes the balance is payable before collection by bank transfer or cheque, or by cash on collection.
Use our table as a guide to the portions you can expect from the different size cakes.
Wedding cake portions are usually 2x1” for sponge cake & 1x1” for fruit cake. Celebration cakes are usually based on the larger portions shown.
A standard 3 tier cake is with 6/8/10” cakes, providing 100 portions in sponge cake.
This guide is based on square cakes, round cakes will provide slightly less portions.
Delivery & Collection
We usually deliver and set up Wedding cakes in order that they arrive safely and look perfect. Delivery and setup is free within the Maidstone local area, we charge a fee according to the distance outside of Maidstone . We have worked with many wedding venues across Kent, Sussex, Essex & South London.
Other celebration cakes are usually collected from Sophisticakes, however delivery can also be made by arrangement.